The Shiny Red Shoes






I go to the mall to try to find some shoes to wear with my dress. I plan on wearing my red dress with a bare back.  I am going on a date with my favorite person. I spot the ones I want. They are shiny red high heels with a strap that goes in the back. I look at the price. Oh my! As much as I love them, I just can't see buying the shoes for that much money. I look around to see where the salesperson is to see if they are on sale. 
She sees me and comes to see if I need anything. "Do you have these in a size 8 1/2?" 

"Let me go in the back and see if we do.” 

I look at the shoes again and shake my head. I just can't buy them for 95.00 dollars. I have never bought a pair of shoes for that much. I’m in school and only have a part-time job.
The salesperson comes back and says, "Yes, we do have a size 8 1/2." 
She gets one out of the box for me to try on. The shoe looks wonderful on my foot. I try the other shoe to get the full effect. I stand up and walk around to see how they feel. 

"The shoes look really good on you." 
"Thanks, I really love them but just can't justify the cost." 

I take the shoes off and put them back in the box. The salesperson excuses herself to help another customer. 

When I look up I see that the salesperson is helping someone that has the same kind of shoes I tried on. I wipe a tear from one of my eyes. I get up fixing to leave. The salesperson comes over to me, she smiles and hands me a bag. I give her a puzzled look. 

"That lady, who just left, she bought the shoes for you. She said you look really good in them and you should have them." The salesperson then gave me the bag with the shoes. I can't believe that someone that didn't even know me would be so kind and buy me something that was so expensive. I decided that day that I would keep it going and buy something unexpected for the next person I saw at a store. 
The salesperson had a serious look on her face and said, “All we need is to be willing to help each other and it can make a difference in someone’s life. I would say she made a difference in yours today.”  
I told the sales person thank you and left with a smile on my face and in my heart and a spring in my step. I hope to make a difference in someone’s life soon. 
I was looking forward to wearing the new shoes on my date and dancing the night a way with my favorite Marine. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used