Author Book Review: Frieda McFadden

I know it's been a while since I have written in here. Just been busy surviving the pandemic. I think it's nearing the end. James and I both got our vaccinations and are doing fine. I will write more of an update later. Right now I would like to focus on the book that I just read.
As some of you might know, I am an avid reader. Each year, I have a Reading Challenge that I do on Good Reads. This year I am reading 75 books. In the years past, I haven''t read that much because I was in school. However, since I have been out of school since 2012, I have averaged at least 50 books a year. 
   My Mom was a very strong reader and would read probably 3 to 4 novels a week easy. In the last few years of her life she actually owned a Used Book Store which she enjoyed having to go everyday. 

Here is a link to Frieda McFadden's author page: Home (freidamcfadden.com)

Fast forward to 2 days ago, I got an email from Frieda McFadden about her newest novel called: "The Locked Door." I had written her back in January and told her how much I really liked her other book, "The Surrogate Mother" and as soon as her new one came out she let me know. 

Anyway, this book is incredible. I had a hard to putting it down to just be able to go to work at Stratford. I have been subbing a long term assignment for the past couple of weeks. 
So I started the new book two days ago. I finished it up in the wee hours of this morning. Frieda has some amazing twists in this book and the ending was rather surprising. I highly recommend her books if you like psychological thrillers. I hope one day, I will have my book finished that I have been working on the past 3 years and it can be half as good as Frieda McFadden's writing. 
Thanks for reading my ramblings.
Katy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used