I PASSED!! WOO HOO!!

Talk about a sigh of relief. YES!!! I finally got the news last night when i went to the mailbox on my way home from work. I checked it before i went home. Sure enough I passed both of the tests for Special Ed. Core Knowledge and for Emotional Disorders. Now i have to send out some forms to my previous employers where I have taught and get them to send me the forms back completed. Once that is done I can send my application packet in and my 75.00 and wait another 6 weeks. I already qualify academically so its just a matter of time as to when i would get my Critical Needs Certificate. Once I get that in my hands then i can apply to any of the school districts ( that have openings having to do with ED classrooms) and start interviewing.
School is fixing to start in a couple of weeks. I know i will not have my classroom at the beginning of the year but I know that it will soon happen! In the meantime I work at Wallyworld and once school starts maybe substitute a couple of days a week. I am not giving up my Wallyworld job until i absolutely have to.
Yesterday I was talking to one of my customers, turns out they homeschool. I thought it was so cool. I kinda figured it out when she said that her daughters had their OWN BUSINESS. They even have a checking account with their mom for the business. One of the girls who is the same age as Kristina (12) had an ID that she got at the DMV. I was really impressed. Their business is to raise Beagle puppies and to sell them. Another clue that i noticed when i was checking her out. She bought Spanish workbooks and a Language workbook. I asked "What school do your girls go to". She said..."We homeschool!" Anyway, we had a great conversation about how people always talk about LACK of Socialization among Homeschoolers. Which is simply NOT true! LOL
Kids that have been homeschooled (like ours) or those that are being homeschooled have more social skills than any Public school child i know. They know how to interact respectfully with adults and how to play or interact with younger kids. They have a wide spectrum of experience compared to the Public School child.
I am thankful that we were able to homeschool our kids as long as we were. It was the best thing we could have done for Jessica while she was here on earth with us. She did not have to EXPERIENCE public school and all that it involves when you are a special needs child.
As you can tell one of my pet peeves is the argument about socialization among PS vs. HS.
Well wish i could write more but its about time to get ready to face the wonderful world of WALLY WORLD. lol
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar