The week of August 1st

It is amazing how things can change within a blink of an eye. A week ago Saturday Sammy was doing his usual thing of barking at the neighbors etc. Within less than a week he was put to sleep because he lost the use of his back legs and was in severe pain. I read up on dachsands and how they have back trouble. Some go on and get wheelchairs and live supposedly happy lives. I just could not see putting him through the pain and torture of keeping him alive in that condition.
He was so use to being active and running around. I would have had to well.....help him take care of going potty since he was incontinent. That was just too much...sigh...
I miss him a bunch, especially when its time to go to sleep or when i am watching tv. or on the computer or taking a nap. He was like...always there right by me.

August 5 was Jessica's anniversary into heaven...it has now been 4 yrs. The other day i figured it out and it has been: 1425 days since we have been able to give her a hug. This makes 34,200 hours since that time as well. Our lives will never be the same because our family is incomplete not having Jessica with us. Even though we don't talk about her all the time we miss her everyday. She would be turning 15 in September. The other two kids in our little commune that were right by her in age are starting high school and will be getting their learners permits soon to drive.

August 7th this was the anniversary into heaven for my brother Hal. He has been gone 2 yrs now. I still miss him so much. He always called me "KID". Did not matter how old i was getting he still called me that.

August 8th..well this is the first day of school for Justin and Kristina. They are both excited about going back to school. Kristina will be in 7th grade and Justin will be in 4th grade.

I start work for Charleston County on the 11th. We have staff development on the 11th and 12th. The week of the 15th I will have training etc. I have been working on my room a little bit at a time during the past week. I went to orientation last Thursday downtown. It was only suppose to be for a couple of hours...WRONG...it lasted from 8 until 2 in the afternoon.
I had brainfry by the time i got home.
Today I will be going and working on my room some more. I will let the school traffic die down first before I adventure out there. I will be in the middle of it soon enough.
School for me starts on Aug. 22nd. That is when I will have 4 students in my classroom with 2 assistants. Should be an interesting year....I finally get to have my own classroom!! WOO HOO!!
I have been waiting for this for way too long!
Well guess that is it for now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar