Nice quiet brunch: NOT

Yesterday morning, James and I decided to go to Cracker Barrel, which is one of our favorite places to eat. There we can share a big breakfast and both be full but not overly full. Well when we got there it was going to be a 25 to 30 minute wait. It was loud in there and after waiting for about 5 to 10 min. James decided that we needed to go somewhere alot less crowded and noisy.
So off we went toward the beach. We found a cool restraunt called "Coconut Joe's Grill" on the Isle of Palms. We can sit outside and look at the water while being in a screened in porch.

I love kids, I really do...however when I am trying to have a nice, quiet, peaceful brunch with my husband before he has to go off to Miami for 2 weeks or more..... Well there was a screamer in the bunch...not sure what table it was coming from but I do know that he/she was NOT happy. I was having flashbacks from when Kristina was about that age ....probably around a year or so if not less and she was SCREAM...OH MY GOSH....we thought she would peel the paint off the wall it was so bad. We use to say she could be one of the screamers you hear on the horror flicks. Giving out one of her blood curtling screams....shivers....
That is how this child was....not just once did she scream but it seemed to be every 3 or 4 minutes...anyway we were glad to get out of there after that.

We went to our favorite and only christian bookstore in Goose Creek and saw our friend Rick there and chatted with him for a while. Then we went home for the rest of the day.
Monday I have my first teacher workday to work on grades. That hopefully will not take that long. We also have a baby shower for one of the counselors there at 12.
It will be nice to go there and just do stuff that needs to get done and not have to teach for a day. Tuesday we start our second 9 weeks. One of my kids at school was having a rough time of it with his meds but I think he is on the up swing and is doing better. So i think this next 9 weeks he will be making good grades. I am also suppose to get another student in from one of the other teacher's class on Tuesday. SO then i will have 4 kids, all boys. That will at least make it easier to do things with them in groups. That is if the new child cooperates. I heard he was a "challenge".
Guess that is about it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar