Spring Break

AHHHH, Spring Break...What kids and teachers long for....second to Christmas break and Summer break of course.
It has been nice already to not have to go anywhere unless i really have to.
Saturday I had my seminar for the PACE program. It lasted from 8 until about 3. We had fun actually with doing skits having to do with the history of education in S.C. The next time we get together as a PACE group it will be during the June Inservice.
This 9 weeks we are learning about Earth Materials (translation rocks and minerals) in Science. We have one more 9 weeks and school will be out for the summer. WOO HOO!!

I recently received my certificate for my first year completion of teaching. I had to go to Induction meetings once a month during this year. Charleston County had a special meeting for us where we met the new Rookies of the year as teachers and meet the ones from last year. They also had a reception for us afterwards.
I will not miss having to go to the meetings.

During the summer not only will i take the two weeks of inservice in June. I will be having to take another test to become "highly qualified". I will be taking the test the Saturday before i start my inservice.
Other than that, the summer will be full of the kids getting ready to go to camp the first week of July. James wants to be able to do something that week but we are not sure where we will go. We will be celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary next month so it would be fun to be able to go on a cruise however it depends on the timing with the kids gone to camp if we can find a cruise available at that time that is affordable.

Well guess that is it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used