A New Year!

Well, This is the first weekend of the New Year! WOO HOO!!
James went to his usual men's breakfast and then when he came home he had a cleaning bug up his behind... and started moving things around and sweeping the porch...etc...
I was in shock.....I mean there are times that James helps clean the house. Usually it is when he wants something found and we have to clean to find something. But today he decided on his own. I know from reading his blog that one of his goals is to be less selfish and be willing to pitch in. I would say he has started off the year great when it comes to this goal.
The kids decided they wanted to go to the library to read. So James volunteered to take them over there. They are going to be there for a couple of hours and then i am fixing to go pick them up. Kristina has been on a reading kick lately and loves to read books. I am all for that so we don't mind them going over there. Plus the added bonus is that it will be quiet at home for a couple of hours.
Of course i say that, as i am listening to the buzzing of a saw outside. Our neighbor and landlord is cutting firewood that he just got. He has the whole family which includes all 8 kids i think. He might have spared the little ones of hauling wood this year. They are 7 , 4 and 3 I think.
I have decided after reading one of my friend's blogs that i need to have not only yearly goals but also monthly goals. So i will be working on them this next week. Also i have decided that i want to retake the Praxis test that i took a year ago (and did not pass by 16 points) sigh....
This is the test that will give me: "Highly Qualified" status. I think this will help me get another teaching job. I am also going to be appealing to the higher up in the PACE program and see if i can get an extention and be able to get a job next year to finish getting my certification. I have come too far and worked too hard to let one lousy year and one hard nosed principal mess up what i have been wanting to do all my life. I have always wanted to be a teacher and in my heart of hearts i am a teacher but now i want to be CERTIFIED!!
So i would appreciate your prayers when it comes to these two specific goals and i will be posting my other goals later on.
Now time to go get the kids from the library.

Until later...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used