November zooming by...

Wow, hard to believe its already the middle of November. As i am writing this, James and the kids went to church. I am feeling a bit sniffly and woke up way too early with aches and pains. UGHH!!
This week i will be working at Walmart 5 days in the evenings, unless my manager changes it when i get in today at 4.
I have really enjoyed working with my 1st and 2nd graders and will really miss them when i have to give them back over the the regular teacher. On Tuesdays I have been able to go to a bible study at school after the kids leave for "40 days of Purpose". It has been great to be able to fellowship with other believers that are in the workplace.
I think the most eventful thing that happened to me this week was on Thursday. I stayed after school to work on grades etc. Tuesdays and Thurs. I leave school by 3:15 to go get Justin at 3:45 from his chorus rehearsal. However, on this particular day I was focused on grades and knew i needed to get to Walmart by 4:30. I got into the parking lot at 4:20 thinking "I made it in time and this was my last day to work until Sunday". Then a light went flashing on...and it dawned on me that I was to pick Justin up at 3:45 and it was 4:20!! So i went...fast but NOT TOO FAST...to home to see if he was there first. He had left a message, so I zoomed to his school (but not TOO FAST) and sure enough he was waiting for me along with his music teacher. Poor baby...he just said..."Mom, I was really suprised when you were not there when we got through". I am usually one of the first ones that get there to pick up my child. I felt so bad. :(
To say the least I will be putting a reminder on my chalkboard to remind me to pick him up on Tuesday and Thursdays.
Anyway, after i picked him up I zoomed home and dropped him off, called work at Walmart and let them know i was coming. One of the women there said i needed a psychiatrist. LOL
Nah, just a new brain would help!

This next Saturday, Kristina tries out for the All County Chorus. I sure hope she makes it! I know she has a beautiful voice but then i am prejudice.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching. We will be going to the Happy Days Thanksgiving Dinner that they host every year at a local restaurant downtown. Last year was our first year to go and we enjoyed it. Then the weekend after that they have their annual Christmas party. Which we plan to go to if i can be off that day.
Now that Christmas season is coming around the corner, they will be needing me at Walmart more. Two of the women that do the phones are out for 3 months. So that only leave the other two (myself included) to fill the shoes that at least 3 people usually do for Walmart. Hopefully they will hire some more help soon.
James said i could quit Walmart but until I have a full time job as a teacher somewhere I think i will just endure it and keep this job as well. It helps pay for the in between times when i don't get paid as a long-term sub.
I am hoping to hear soon as to my status about my critical needs certificate. There are no openings right now for what i am getting certified in but I applied for an extension as well so it will cover next year as well.
Since working with the younger group I have decided that i want to work with the elementary school kids instead of the middle school kids. I think there is better chance to help them when they are little than when they have been in the system for years and get to where they don't want to try anymore.
Well guess that's it for now. Back to grading papers etc...and cleaning what i can around here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar