Things change overnight...

Wow, amazing what happens within a 24 hour period. Geez...I went to work last night to Walmart after working at school all day long. I get an announcement over the PA that I am wanted in the AD office (where my manager resides). She tells me that I committed an offense at the company by grading papers for my other job while on Walmart time. After she gives this LONG speech about it. I speak up in my defense. I said "Excuse me but you told me when i changed over from being a cashier to being the phone operator that IF i needed to work on lesson plans for my teaching job that i could do so. As long as it was NOT busy and I had done my other work that i have to do by the fitting room (ie sort the endless clothes from returns).
Well one particular night, i did grade papers but it was because it was a very slow night and the phone was quiet and no customers were in the fitting room area. So i graded papers, another supervisor came by and asked what i was doing and i told her. She said i needed to put it up. So i did. Lo and behold she wrote me up for that incident...now back to the present to about 9 last night when my manager called me in. I reminded her what she had told me when i first took over that job..and she sat there and looked me in the eye and said... "I do not remember telling you that Katy" grrrrr.
As far as i am concerned she lied to me and was just trying to cover herself now that it came up from another manager. I told her i was quitting and that i would sign out and hand over my badge to another associate. The next step was for me to sign a statement saying that i did indeed commit the said offense when as far as I am concerned my manager said that it was ok.
So now i can go home after school and not have to deal with working at Walmart anymore.
We will miss the extra money it brought in but I know that God will take care of us. I also will be able to spend some time with our kids which has been lacking since I took on two jobs.
Well back to grading papers, putting grades in the computer etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar