Finally....I am posting...

Well i finally figured out how to get back to the part where you can write in the blog. I sometimes forget about bloggin as you can tell since i have not blogged "in a coons age".

I finished my long term substitute assignment on January 24th and have just been substituting anywhere they needed me since that time. I even subbed last week for the middle school where I was a long term sub for the first four weeks. The class has grown since i left and she has a steady 14 kids in each class. She mainly teaches Science to 6th and 8th graders and then also teaches Language Arts and Math to her kids that are considered self contained.
I taught one day last week in a Math class from He**. It was horrible! I told James that it was probably my 2nd worst day of subbing i have ever had in my 2 yrs of subbing. Are you wondering what my worst day was?
Well, last year I went into a 8th grade class room and was barely there for 15 minutes trying to get their attention. I got so frustrated I went to the door to gather myself. Well a teacher happened to walk by and saw me. She asked me innocent enough "How are things going? Well that did it, I broke down crying and had to go to the bathroom. She covered my class. The kids would not listen...they would not quiet down enough to listen. I had to call in the Assistant Principal at the time. She found more work for them to do because the teacher really had not left much for them to do anyway. Well after that class period it got better. But only because Mrs. Fowler came in and reamed them out.

Today on Valentine's day I am taking a day off and doing some errands. At 11:30 I get to have brunch/lunch with my valentine at our favorite place. :)
Then:
I need to go get my fingerprints redone. My fingerprints were rejected from the FBI when I sent them in with my Teacher Application. sigh...
So I will go to Stratford and see if the Resource officer there can do the honors. I also have to take Kristina's clarinet to get fixed at the music shop by Citadel Mall.
Another fun thing i need to do is find out if my 75.00 that we paid for the application fee includes getting my official transcript. I thought it did at the time but if not then i need to get that ball rolling and get a copy. There is a Teacher Recruitment Fair in March at Stratford and I would like to be able to go to it. But its important that i have my critical needs certificate in hand at the time. The fair is mainly to meet the different principals. Very few at that time know if they have any vacancies. Teachers do not have to give their letter of intent until around the end of April or the first part of May. So i am not sure how important the fair actually is but would still like to go.

Kristina had her talent show at her school last week. She did really well. She sang "When I think of Cheatin". I do not remember who actually sings it. Anyway, she did great but you could hardly hear her cause she had the same range as the actual singer. The principal who was MCing the event made a comment as she left the stage about "Look for Kristina on the Grand Ole' Opry". We will see. She is alot braver than i am when it comes to singing in public much less on stage.
Well guess thats it for my babbling for now.
Will try to get better about writing more often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar