It is finally here! Happy Days Camp

Well the time has finally come...the time for the kids to go to Happy Days camp for a week. YEAH!! They are so excited they are beside themselves. lol This will be their 5th year to go. It is hard to believe its been that long since they starting going to camp. I know they will enjoy being there and will enjoy the must needed break from Mom and Dad. Just think no chores for a week...WOO HOO!! A kids dream vacation....lol

While they are away I will be working on Justin's room. While Kristina was gone a couple of weeks ago to camp for a few days I worked on her room. I have never seen so much clothes for a 13 yr old...gracious...
Justin doesn't have that much stuff but the closet doubles as a storage area for extra clothes for me and for the Christmas stuff. So i need to go through the closet and straighten it up.

I have now had 4 interviews with 3 different school districts for a teaching position...I am now waiting to see what is going to happen with my last interview. I went up to Anderson, SC for an interview last Thursday. The interview itself was alright but the drive up there and back was a nightmare. No AC is the PITS!!! After my interview I realized that i really did not have enough money with me to make it back home. Let's see quarter tank of gas...230 miles and 4dollars...nope that is NOT going to cut it. Thankfully we have friends that live in a nearby town of Piedmont. I was able to spend the night with them and drive back Friday morning and borrow some gas money to make it home. Many thanks to our friends Gale and Anthony!

One thing about the upper part of SC is that it is beautiful. I was sitting on a swing that Gale has in their front yard and was just listening to the birds and fighting off the "Nosems". The flying bugs that have teeth as James so lovingly calls them. lol
Anyway, besides the bugs i was enjoying the peace and quiet and being able to hear the birds sing. One of Gale's neighbors brought me a salad, granola bar and drink to tide me over until Gale and Anthony got home. That was a blessing because i had not eatten all day long and was quite famished.

So once again i am waiting to see what is going to happen when it comes to a job. One of my friends, Cole made a comment the other day in email that she could not wait to see what job God gave me. I wrote back and said...I can't wait either! I know he has something planned because I don't think he would have gotten me this far in the program just to leave me hanging.

I am not going to get to take the pre-service during the summer like i had originally planned. I was to have a contract signed by July 4th and register for the pre-service so i could take it July 11-22. Well since i did not get a contract signed that messed up my chances of taking the pre-service. That was the whole point of not working for the summer was so i could take the pre-service. So now i am going to see about finding any job i can while i wait to see about the teaching job. Most school districts wait till the very end to hire teachers right before school. Once they know what their enrollment is going to be like that is when they hire new teachers.
So hopefully something will come to pass soon.

Well guess that is enough babbling for now. I might not write in my blog very much but when i do...I write alot. hehe
later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar