Lessons Learned the Hard Way!

Before you agree to working for someone online or having a financial arrangement with someone: Read the fine print!
I found this out the hard way. I have been working through Freelancer to work on projects for people. There is actually reports of this company being a scam. I think they get away with stuff because the not knowing newbie freelancer (me) messed up and didn't read the fine print until they took out money I wasn't expecting!
   Freelancer charges a fee to the person that has the project and the person that works on the project. I don't mind having to pay a little fee but 206.00 and 236.00 is rather extreme! What is worse is that they take the money out before I even get paid!
  I am still trying to resolve this but I have definitely learned my lesson.
What a mess this was! I had to get our bank to block all transactions with Freelancer. They kept trying to get money from me when I had already cancelled the work job. I even deleted my Freelancer account and they were still trying to get money from me.
   I ended up working on a Research proposal for someone that was affiliated with Freelancer. I can do research papers in my sleep I have written so many of them. This was going  to be a simple one I thought. It was about literacy and play and if children that played (ages 3-6) had a better chance at developing good literacy skills. I worked on that paper for a week. I was supposed to get paid 280.00. She paid me half before I got started. Well, even after I did a revision of the revision she didn't like it. It was not up to what she wanted. So I didn't get the other half of the money. It was supposedly her sister's paper. This is where it is better just to do the paper yourself than to get someone else to write a paper for you! There is a reason the instructor wants you to write the paper. They want you to learn something from researching your subject.
So this is another lesson for me: Don't do papers for anyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar