Unexpected Surgery

Well I went into ER on Thursday afternoon because I was having some kind of leakage behind my right ear. I had talked to one of my friends that also has a shunt. She recommended that I talk to my neurologist and by pass my regular doctor. So I called into my neurologist and the nurse called back a couple hours later. She said that I needed to go to ER and make sure I wasn't leaking Spinal Fluid. Since I have a shunt in my head for that purpose that I needed to make sure it was working properly.    So James took me in about 4 on Thursday night which was July 5. I ended up having an X-ray of my Shunt, and an MRI of my brain. It didn't show anything different so that was good i guess. However, if you look behind my right ear you could see something poking through.
I didn't know it but I had a plate in my head from one of the many brain surgeries I had in 2016. The plate was used to help with my recovery somehow. I am not sure.
 One of the Dr's said that my hardware was showing. So they went in on Friday night at 8 and took out the plate in my head. I have a silly bandage on my head that they put on me.
I go back and get the stitches out in about a week or so. I got home about 5 on Saturday afternoon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar