Blessigs Jar revisited for 2018

At the beginning on 2018, I started a Blessings Jar. I wanted to remember all of the blessings I had during 2018. Some of these may not seem like blessings because it is remembering deaths as well. However, the people that I have known that died are now at rest and are out of pain. So having the faith I do in God I know I will see them again some day.


Jamuary 2018:

January 1st: Gave away a kitten from Misty's litter. 

James got a Galaxy 8 phone from Xfinity.

January 3rd: Snowmagedon happened in Charleston. We had 5' of snow!

January 5th: First dream I had about my Dad. I don't always remember my dreams. So for some reason I thought it significant enough to add it to my Blessings jar. In the dream we are at a bar b que place together. He passed away in March of 2016.

January 11th: Carroll's Dad went to heaven. He was such a sweet man what I remember. Carroll has been married to my brother Steven for about 46 yrs now.

January 12th: James traded his IMAC for a different Mac computer. He loves it!

January 12th: I got a new friend in Angela. Angela got her kitty Mufusa from me. She later gave him up. He wasn't potty training very well. He was a cutie though. He was a calico.

January 13th: Kristina, my daughter is coming back to Charleston by bus! YAY!

January 15th: Decided to start writing on a regular basis. I joined 750words.com, This has helped me write everyday.

January 14-20 James is finally getting some sleep after being sick.

January 20th: Friend Angela: her knee is getting better.

January 20th: I am getting better about blogging.

January 23: Left water faucet in kitchen on and thankfully it didn't flood! lol

January 23rd: Kristina got pizza job. She was staying with Brittany her BFF at the time when she got back into town.

January 27th: My long time friend Sharon and old roommate got her apartment in Oregon after moving from Houston.

January 27th: James got a solid wood desk for 50.00 and delivered for 50.00.

February 2018

February 1st: James spun out trying to avoid hitting a truck on I -526. Didn't hit anyone. Thankful he wasn't hurt.

February 2: Our dog we had named Bandit: now known as Kevin was hit by a car. He broke one of his front legs.  He jumped the fence at ours friends house. We gave him to our friends when he got to be too much for us to handle.

February 12th: Heidi Todd a 4 yr old that was kidnapped was found 2 days after she was kidnapped.
February 20th: Billy Graham died at the age of 99.

February 29th: Sharon doesn't have bladder cancer. She had a bladder infection instead. Thankful it was something that was fixable.


March 2018

Tripp Halstead: Died from pnewmonia. He had a tree limb fall on him at his day care center when he was 3 and received severe injuries. He died at 7 yrs old.
March 30th: Kristina got a good job at a hotel.

March 9th: I joined 12 stories in 12 months.com, it is where you write a story from a prompt and then other members critique your writing. This has helped me get better with my writing.

March 20th: My Dad has been gone 2 years this day. It's also my oldest brother's (Steven) birthday.


April 2018
Frodo came to visit for a week left April 3rd.

April 17th: Barbra Bush died at the age of 92.


May 2018

May 4th:Kristina turned 26.

May 6th: Justin turned 23.

May 21st: I turned 59. Lord help me!

May 14th: My Uncle Harold passed away. I remember him loving Elvis Presley. Riding a motorcycle and building model cars. My favorite memory of him is when I was about 13 or so and he gave me a ride on his motorcycle and he was being chased by the cops or someone and he raised into the garage on the motorcycle and closed the door. That was such a rush. lol First and last time I ever got on a motorcycle. hehe



June 2018

June 20: This is when I found out that one of my cousins had died. Todd Eads was my second cousin. I never got to know him or his family very well. They were "Aggies" and when I first met them I was going to UT and was very much a Longhorn. I remember one of the times we went to go visit and Troy, Todd's brother would play piano and my Dad was on his banjo and we had a grand old' time.


July 2018

July 6th: Started having issues with behind my right ear where my scar is. Turns out my hardware was showing (a plate in my head) from the 1st brain surgery. I didn't even know I had it. Anyway, had surgery to remove part of the plate. Was out of hospital within a day and a half.

July 29th: Our friend, Heather is due to have her baby Asher. He was born on July 28th and is  healthy and happy.


August 2018

August 5th: It has been 17 years since Jessica went to heaven. We miss her everyday.

Justin and his girlfriend Kylie went to Costa Rica for a week.

End of August: James was let go from Wyhdam after 10 years with them. He got a 3 month severence package.

September 2018
By this time I was getting rather lax about writing down my blessings. Need to get better about writing stuff down.

November 2018
November 2: Our friend Mike passed away. We have known their family since 1991.

November 20th: I got a new laptop! Yay!

Novembr 14th to November 29th; Enjoyed being in Asheville, NC area as a tourist. We stayed in a place in Black Mountain just outside of Asheville.

November 26th: James started new job with TechSystems for temp to permanent. He is the Help Desk Manager at Allergy Partners in Asheville, NC

November 27th: James turned 57.


December 2018

December 1: President W.H. Bush died at 94.

December 23rd: Our friend Jeff passed away. We knew his family in Houston and Georgia. We stayed with him and his family when we first moved to Georgia in 1997.

Taylor (Kristina's boyffriend at the time)had emergency surgery on his spleen. He is healing from surgery.

James got a Galaxy 9 phone and I got his Galaxy 8 phone. lol

Kristina is still in Charleston and has a job.

December 28th: Went to ER because of a bad headache for 4 days. Thankful my Shunt wasn't the problem after being there from 11am till 5 pm. Never did find out what was making my head hurt. Just glad it wasn't my shunt.

December 31st: I am still blogging! I am also writing on a regular basis at this time. So one of my goals was made for this year.

December 31st: I was recognized for my chapter called "The Accident" which is a chapter in my book I am writing called "Saving Naomi". Makes me feel good that I am on the right track when it comes to writing.

Well that is the year 2018 in review.

I hope that I can continue to write on a consistent basis. We are not real sure what's going to happen for this next year. We do know that we will be moving probably in March of 2019 to the Upstate of SC to be closer to James' job in Asheville, NC. We both love living in SC and don't really want to move to a different state.
Here's to 2019. May it be all that you hope for in the new year!
Happy New Year!

So what blessing did you have in 2018?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used