Favorite Scripture

My all time favorite verse in the bible is: 
Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust in the Lord with all you heart. Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight."

There are four key points to this verse. Let me break it down.

1) Trust in the Lord with your whole heart. This doesn't mean you sometimes trust God. You need to give everything which includes...are you ready for this...your finances! More on this later.

2)Lean not on your own understanding.
   There are some things that happen in our life that we don't understand why they happen. For example, a death of a child.
I will not know why God took Jessica from us back in 2001 until we get to heaven and can ask him.

3) In all your ways acknowledge him. Wow...that is a big one.
 So no matter what we are doing we need to make it known that we believe, follow and love him. 
This reminds me of the time PETER denied Jesus 3 times. Jesus even told him he was going to deny him and Peter was like, not me Jesus. I will follow you anywhere.

Boy was it a surprise when Peter did indeed deny Jesus.
If we do not acknowledge God, then we are denying him. He says, if you deny me, I will deny you in heaven. 
Wow, that is deep. So we need to remember to acknowledge him at all times in what we say and what we do.

4) He will make your path straight.
 Will he give you an easy path to follow? No but he will be with you all the way.


I have never really taken that verse before and broken it down until now. I have been a christian since 1972. I was 13 when I became a christian. You can read my testimony on our website: Light Our World.

I was just looking at prompts on a page and saw a suggestion to use on the blog. So I decided to do my favorite verse. I know it off the top of my head so that made it easy to write it down.

Until next time, katy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used