One Persons Junk.....

We will be moving to the Upstate of South Carolina by March. Right now we are in the Charleston area. James, my husband of 28 years was laid off of his job that he had for 10 years. He was the IT Manager. They just dissolved his position and wasn't needed anymore. He got a nice severance package for 3 months. He just got a job in Asheville, NC as the Help Desk Manager of a company there. It is a temp to permanent position. So far he likes them and visa versa. It looks like it's going to be a good fit. 

We decided this past weekend that we wanted to go on and move closer to his work. He has been at this job now for a month and every weekend he makes the track to come home for a visit. He told me the other day: "It's getting old!" lol

So I was leaving the complex and saw that someone had a storage container out for the trash guys. I stopped to see if the container was salvageable. I have been on a quest for boxes and containers so I can start packing. 
So I stopped and looked into the container and there was stuff for the kitchen in there. So I took the container and stuck it in the back of my SUV. I was headed to my daughter's place so she could use my car to move her things. She is going to be moving out of her apartment on January 15th. She is storing it in one of my closets. 

Fast forward, I come home and finally get to actually take things out of the container that I acquired earlier. There was all sorts of cool bake ware in the container. However, my favorite thing that I got was a water bottle. 

I have been needing something like this to make me drink more water. I usually don't like water but I put a flavor packet in it and I can handle drinking it better. Just so you know that YES I did clean it out really,really well before I used it. 
So next time you are going by a stack of stuff outside by the trash, check it out. There might be something good. There is a saying: "One man's trash is another's treasure," I truly believe that. Have a blessed day and look for treasure in the most unlikely place. 
Here is my water bottle that I acquired yesterday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used