Christmas is over for another year

Well all is quiet right now in the Moffitt household. Only my bird, Peaches and I are awake. James and Justin were out late last night. Kristina had a friend come over and they stayed up late. I woke up as usual around 7. I have almost the whole place cleaned up from Christmas. I was never one to keep Christmas stuff up after the fact. I think I got that from my Mom. She always took down the tree either the day of Christmas or soon after. Most of the time it was because it was a live tree that had long since had better days by the time Christmas had come around.
Yesterday, James worked from home for a while from remote. I fixed breakfast and did some cleaning up. James then decided that we should go Geocaching. That seems to be our newest hobby this year. I really have not gotten into it as much as James and Justin have but I am getting there. We went to Kiawah Island to pick up his new glasses that were ready. Then we went Geocaching. If you are wondering what that is go to: www.geocaching.com and check it out.
It is like a treasure hunt but using technology. It is pretty cool actually. We only found 1 of the two we set out to look for yesterday. But we had fun looking. It was not too hot or too cold but a little cloudy out. While James and Justin were out doing their "thing", I got on the computer and logged all my finds from the geocaching I have done. I have only done about 10 so far compared to James, who has about 28. I think we will probably go Geocaching later on today. It is suppose to be nice today with the high in the 70's.
I am hoping this next year i will get better at blogging. I can get my weight down. I will be able to make it back to Texas to see my family there. I would also like to be able to make new recipes and be able to cook better meals for my family. I have been stuck in a rut for a while, making the same stuff over and over again and I know if i am tired of it that my family would be tired of it.
I did start making some new stuff lately: homemade brownies, homemade cornbread, homemade lasagna, and homemade chicken pot pie. The lasagna and the chicken pot pie were definite hits. Cornbread was too salty according to Kristina and brownies were ok but nothing to write home about.
Well guess that is it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used