Merry Christmas 2008

Well, this is the day the Lord has made. We are to rejoice and be glad in it. Christmas 2008 has finally arrived. At this writing it is about 1 in the afternoon. James got us up (us being me and the kids) at about 8:30 i think it was. I got up earlier to put stuff in the stockings for the kids. I dozed in my chair for a while and then finally went back to bed about 7ish about the time that James decided to get up. hehe Well he got out of bed that is, he went and snored in his recliner for a while i am sure.
I fixed roast for lunch and later on we are going over to our friend Leah's house after all to eat Christmas dinner. Originally we were not going to do this because of the crowd factor, however it works out economically for us to just fix a couple of side dishes than for me to fix a big meal just for the 4 of us.
James went to see one of his dear friends to cheer her up for a couple of hours. She has to work at the hospital so he took her a Latte from Starbucks earlier and probably will be coming home soon. I ended up having to put the air conditioner on because it has gotten so hot outside. The thermometer in the living room was registering close to 80.
This is probably not one of the "better" Christmas' for the kids. We were not able to get a whole lot for them. As James has said before Money doesn't grow on trees and if it did then our tree must have gotten burned along time ago. "
I read his blog just a while ago and he mentioned Jessica and how he missed her so. Christmas has not been the same since our little girl went home to the Lord. She loved Christmas and she would sneak Christmas music on the CD player all year round. She loved to do that. I smile when i think about her doing that now. For the longest time I have not been able to remember her BEFORE she got sick. But slowly memories are returning that remind me how special she was during her lifetime.
Well it is about time to go peel potatoes and fix banana nut bread the dinner tonight.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
Katy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used