Two Days before Christmas!

Good Morning, I realized today that I have not blogged in ages. I was looking at my daughter's myspace and James' myspace and read their blogs. I then went to mine and realized I have not written anything on here since the summer of 2007. YIKES!!
It is Chrstmas break for the kids. Kristina spent the night over her friend, Barbra's last night and hasn't come home yet. Justin is on the other computer playing one of his many online games. James set a computer up for me to use, free from having to share with the kids. It is nice to have my own computer again. I am hoping that I can work on our web site and get it updated. I have not worked on it in over a year. There was a time when i would change it weekly if not daily. Those days are gone but i hope to get it updated with new photoes of the kids. I also have new recipes i want to add to my cookbook I have on line.
I need to get off of here and clean the kitchen and go to the store for last minute shopping and get my Christmas dinner supplies. We were going to a friend's house for Christmas dinner until James discovered they were going to have 40 people over there. Well, we might drop in to go see them but neither one of us do well with large crowds, especially James. You would think that he is an extravert in most things because he is pretty out going, however when it comes to crowds and idle chit chat you can forget it. hehe I actually do better with groups when it comes to that.
This has been a year of change for us in many ways. I am still struggling to find a full time job or to get into school to get my master's. The government is not handing out financial aid like they were last year so it is harder to get money to go to school. James started a new job with Resortquest in September and really likes it. He is their IT Manager, it keeps him busy.
In October we moved away from the double wide trailer that we knew as home for the past 7 1/2 years. that was the longest we had been anyway in our marriage. It has alot of good and bad memories there. That was the first place we moved to when Jessica was going through her treatments and that was where she past away in 2001. We had 3 dogs, 6 cats and 4 birds while in that place. When we moved we had to give up 3 of our animals. We found homes for Ginger our dog, KC and Oliver the two cats. We kept Angel, who is now 7 years old and my cockatiel, Peaches, who i have had for 8 years now. Although I love our new place and all the benefits it has, I miss having the kids at the schools that they liked. Kristina moved to a different high school and is having a hard time making the switch. Justin has adapted but that is because he knew some kids at the new school and that has helped. The kids recently acquired two guinea pigs from someone at one of the schools i substitute at. Kristina got the boy and his name is Nevil and Justin got the girl and her name is Luna. Both names come from the Harry Potter sequil. They are actually quite sweet and I have held them a couple of times.
I know there are probably more things I want to talk about but can't think of them right now. Maybe I will be able to blog some more later on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used