Work in Progress-The Reunion

This is the continuation of Revenge is Sweet.

Kara answered the door after hearing two hard knocks.

“Oh, Shannon! It’s been way too long! I’m so glad to see you!”

“Kara, it’s great to see you too. What have you been doing?”

“Let’s go get a drink in the kitchen and catch up. Later, I will show you what I have been working on in the garage.”
Kara walked to the kitchen and motioned for Shannon to sit down on one chair at the dining table. She then got them some tea.

“You have me curious what it could be? Aren’t you like a scientist now or something? I remember you were such a brainiac in school.”

“Yes, you can now call me, Dr. Kara Jamison.” Kara laughed.

“You must have a wonderful creation on the workbench of yours. Is it something I can use?”

“I’m not so sure you can use it. However, you will enjoy it. I can’t stand it, I have to show you. Let’s go into the garage.

Kara stood up and went toward the garage door in the kitchen. She opened it and waited for Shannon to come into the garage. She then locked the door behind them. Shannon gave her a puzzled look.
“Why are you locking us in the garage?”

“This is top secret right now and no one and I mean no one can know about it” Kara whispered.”

Shannon turned around and looked at the workbench. There was  something covered up with a sheet. Kara uncovered what it was. There was what looked like a man. He had dark hair, long eyelashes. He was muscular in all the right places. Shannon looked at Kara in shock.

“Kara, who is this?”

Suddenly the man’s eyes opened. He turned his head and looked at Shannon. Shannon let out a squeal. “What on earth?”

“Shannon, this is Kyle, he is a fully functioning Robo-man. You can touch his skin and see that it even feels like real skin. I have programmed him to meet my every need. I have him set where he will clean the house without complaining while I am at work. He will rub my feet, give me a wonderful back rub. I am writing a program that women everywhere will want. They can have the man they want and dream of. If they want their man to cook, then he will cook and clean up with no problem. Whatever the woman desires I can program it into her Robo-man. It sets him to not have any bad habits. He cleans after himself. He will do all chores and take care of the children that they might have.”

“Kara, this is amazing. How is it possible to make him fully functional for fathering children?”

“It took some finagling, and it’s not exactly legal or ethical right now. However, I plan to test out the theory myself to make sure it works.”

“Could you make me a Robo-Man in time for the reunion? I could sure use a date.”   

“No, it took me a long time to get Kyle in working order to have him ready for the reunion for me. It would take too long to make another one. How about I let you use Kyle for your date? Maybe we can go as a threesome. That would throw those guys off at the reunion. They wouldn’t expect us with a hunk like Kyle. I can program him to dance and dance with style. I can add any other features you would like to have with him. So what do you think?   

“I think you and Kyle have yourself a date! This will be fun! So how is his speech? Does he sound like a normal guy?”

Just then Kyle opened his eyes and looked at Shannon. She saw his eyes and was in awe. They were a clear blue with a hint of green. He had the most unusual color of eyes.   Shannon was so fascinated with Kyle she forgot what she was asking Kara.

Kara cleared her throat. “So you want to know how he measures up with his speech and his intellectual ability?” Kara hit a button on a remote and Kyle got up from the workbench and walked toward Shannon.

Kyle went up to Shannon and took her right hand and kissed her hand and introduced himself. “Hi, Shannon, I’m Kyle Jamison. I’m most delighted to meet you.” Shannon heard the British accent.  

Shannon looked at Kara and asked, How are we going to explain how we met Kyle since he has an accent like that? Can you change his accent? He needs to have an American accent. Let’s make him from Texas and give him a Texas drawl.”
With a few clicks on the remote, Kara could switch Kyle’s accent with no problem at all.

“This should do it.”

Kyle looked at Kara with an odd look on his face. “Why did you change my accent?”

“Kyle, you need to blend in better and an American accent sounds better than a British one for where we will go.”   
                                      
“Kara, whatever we do needs to be so fantastic that we will floor everyone.”

“Well, we have one day to figure out what we want to do. The reunion is tomorrow night. Let’s go eat supper and think about it and get started in the morning.”

“Ok, sounds like a start.” Kara and Shannon left the garage and Kyle and went to the kitchen to make dinner.
In the morning, Kara had a grand idea that she wanted to share with Shannon. She waited impatiently for Shannon to wake up. Shannon came into the kitchen to get some coffee. She saw Kara waiting for her.

“What’s the matter?”

Kara opened the cabinet that had the coffee cups and handed one to Shannon. “I have been thinking about what we could do for the talent contest. You and Kyle could hand to hand combat. Then you could take him down. It would look like you knocked him out, but I can rig it on the remote and make it look like you knocked him out cold.
Oh, I know what you can do. You and Kyle can dance the rumba and then go into fight mode. That will show the men there that you are not to be messed with.”

“Ok, we can practice in a little while after I have my coffee. We also need to pick out our outfits for tonight. I want tonight to be a night that everyone at the reunion will be talking about for years to come. I don’t want them to forget tonight or me.”

“The dress I plan to wear tonight is a long flowing black dress since it’s supposed to be a black-tie affair. Kyle will wear a black tuxedo. What are you going to wear Shannon?”

“I have a short black sequin dress I plan to wear. I will wear my stilletos. We will look so hot being on the arms of Kyle.”

“So let’s get dressed and meet in the garage and practice the dance moves with Kyle.”
Kara, Shannon, and Kyle practice all afternoon on their dancing until they felt that they could dance smoothly with Kyle.

“Ok, it’s time to get ready for the reunion.”


Within an hour they all were ready to leave. Kara had her long flowing black dress that showed off her figure. Kyle looked dashing in his tuxedo and Shannon particularly looked Smokin’ hot in her short black dress with her stilettos on. They all got into Shannon’s Mustang and headed over to the school. The event was going to be in the old gym.
They entered the gym, and all heads turned to see who was coming in. Someone that was acting as the hostess came to greet them.

“Hi, I’m Sarah Berstein, what are your names? “

Shannon spoke up and said, “I’m Shannon Buchanan, this is Kara and Kyle Jamison.”
Sarah looked up with a shocked look on her face. “Wow, Shannon you look great! I was in your Science class back in Jr. year. You sure have changed.”

“Thank you, Sarah, I’ve been working on it.” Shannon put her name tag on and handed the other name tags to Kara and Kyle.

As the music started, Shannon and Kyle danced. Kara stayed back and just watched.
Kyle twirled Shannon around like he had been dancing for years. As they were dancing, people stopped and started watching them. This is what Shannon had been craving. Being able to have everyone wondering who the skinny girl was dancing with the stranger.

Someone cuts in and starts dancing with Shannon. Shannon was shocked to see that it was Michael. She hadn’t seen him since high school. He used to bully her constantly throughout high school. He still had blond hair and blue eyes and was still muscular, even ten years later.

“Well, if it’s not Rolly Polly Buchanan. You sure have changed.”

“Michael, get away from me or you will be sorry. I am with Kara and Kyle. Leave me alone!”

Just then Michael touches Shannon’s waist and tries to pull her toward him. Shannon very swiftly turns him around and he lands on the ground face up with her stiletto in the middle of his stomach.
“You crazy Bitch! Let me up from here!”

“Next time, I won’t be so kind to your backside.”

Michael gets up and scurries off to the bathroom.

Just then Shannon hears clapping from around the room. She bows and smiles.

Kara and Kyle come up to her. “You ok Shannon? You sure showed Michael. Nice moves.”

“They were an automatic response when someone touches me when I don’t want to be touched.

“Well, after that show with Michael, I don’t think we have to do the other thing we would do with the martial arts. Maybe you and Kyle can sing instead? That would surprise these jokers  for sure. They don’t know how well you sing.”

“I think you are right. We will just sing instead. Come on, Kyle let’s go show them how well we can sing together.”

Kara got the remote out and pushed some buttons before Kyle and Shannon went on stage. Shannon and Kyle were a hit with their rendition of “Lean on Me.”
Everyone stood up and gave them a standing ovation.
The reunion turned out a lot better than what Shannon was planning. She smiled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used