My 21st birthday remembered


My 21st birthday remembered
My 21st birthday was on the 21st of May in 1982 (I think it was). I was still at home and going to Jr. College. I considered it a big deal to have my birthday on the same number as my birthday. I ended up not celebrating my birthday on my actual birthday.

That year my sister had her son, Andy on the 18th of May. So my parents took a trip out of town to see the new baby. I wasn't able to celebrate my birthday until the next day. Somehow, it wasn't the same.

My Dad said I could pick out what I wanted from the jewelry store that year. I had picked out an emerald and diamond necklace that would go with my emerald ring my Dad gave me for my 18th birthday. I remember bringing it home for my Dad and Mom to see what I had wanted to get. My Mom saw it and nixed the idea of me getting the necklace before I could even show my Dad.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used