Baked Potatoes discontinued?

      Yesterday was a fun day; I went and did some errands. I checked out some stores for sales etc. Then after my interview that I had I came home and kidnapped my hubby and we went to Applebee’s to get the 2 for 20 deal. I love the two for 20 because you get two meals and an appetizer for 20.00. I usually get the steak and baked potato. Anyone that truly knows me,  knows that I love baked potatoes. I don’t know why, but I have since I was a kid. Anyway, when I told the waitress I would like a baked potato instead of the mash potatoes and green beans she informed me that they DISCONTINUED the baked potato. I was like dumb founded. If I hadn’t been so hungry I might have even grabbed James and gone down the street to Outback instead! I kept the urge to myself and ordered the mash potatoes instead. I grumbled to James that this was definitely blogging material. It was still a nice dinner and afterwards James and I went to Books a Million and found some books that we both liked
   I have been wanting to read “Hatteras” by Alice Wisler since it came out in Oct. Now that I have about a week before I start my class again I can sit down and read it. What is fun about reading Alice’s novels, is that I actually know Alice. We met a few years ago at a Renaissance Mom’s weekend that was hosted by Happy Days.   Alice and I hit it off right away and hung out that weekend together. At the time she had only written 1 book and it was self-published. She was in the process of writing Down the Cereal Isle when I met her but was still gathering stories from people about their children.  At the time, I could have written about Jessica and what she liked etc, but her death was still too fresh and hurt too much to write. You can read more about her books etc at her web site.
  Today I plan to work on our closet, make cookies, and read my book! I know that I need to get some of my basic chores out of the way so I don’t feel guilty about sitting down and reading a book for pleasure. 
Until tomorrow,
Katy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar