Sermon Notes:"Heart Surgery"

     We go to Coastal Community Church in West Ashley. West Ashley is just a part of Charleston, SC. Anyway, I am going to be putting up some of my notes that I have gotten from some of the sermons from our Pastor Chris Rollins. We started going to Coastal back when we lived off of Wappoo Rd. We haven't lived there in quite a while so i am guessing at least 6 years. The kids were still at home at the time when we started to go to Coastal.
You can find the audio version of the sermons on their website at: coastalcommunitychurch.org


This sermon is called "Heart Surgery" After God's Heart-Part 7 and is from November 12, 2017

"But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

"Spend your time and energy in training yourself for spiritual fitness. Physical exercise has some value, but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next." 1 Timothy 4: 7-8

What Kind of heart Does God Look for? He looks for a Humble Heart

"In everything he did he had great success, because the LORD was with him." 1 Samuel 18:14

Expectant Heart 

"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD trust in him and he will do this."

"The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." 1 Samuel 17:37

Authentic Heart

"Search me, O God and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24 

We are to be genuine.

Repentant Heart

Repentance is what keeps failure from becoming fatal, if you're a follower of Jesus. 

"Produce fruit in keeping with repentance." Matthew 3:8 

We need to change our behavior.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart. O God, you will not despise." Psalm 51:17 

Trusted Heart

"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength, of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26

"For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again." Proverbs 24:16

 God looks for a Humble, Expectant, Authentic,Repentant, and Trusted heart.

These are the notes from the sermon. Please go listen to the audio version. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

My Scar

Writing Tools that can be used