August 1: Prompt Kind Gesture

 This reminds me of the movie called: Pay It Forward. If you have never seen it then you should find it and watch it. Make sure you have tissues handy though. It is good. In this story, the boy who is probably about 10 or 11 starts doing something for someone as part of a Social Studies project.  Then that person does something for someone and it goes on.
That movie was made in the 2000 and starred Kevin Spacey and Helen Hunt.
Anyway, now people tend to pay it forward in the drive thru when you are getting something at one of the fast food restaurants. Just to be nice.
James, my hubby says that he tries to do something nice for someone at least once a day. This usually is letting someone out into traffic ahead of us. So because of that I try to do something nice for people whenever I can.
However, In my case it back fired. 
   It seems our next door neighbors have a hard time taking out their big trash can to the curb to be picked up once a week. They have only lived next door for about 3 or 4 months. However, for them the struggle is real. The first Tuesday after they moved in I took out their trash can thinking, they just didn't know the day that they pick up the trash. They tend to have a trash can that overflows and draws flies. ICK!
   So one morning, James and I went out there and were getting their trash to take out to the curb. One of the girls came out and started helping. She is in her 20's and they have young children which means they have diapers. So we manage to get the trash to the curb on time.
A couple of weeks go by, still there is a struggle there for them to get the trash out.
So finally last week, I went and got an extra trash can that we have on the property. I took the trash can and put it by their door with a note. I basically told them to please use the extra trash can for the exess trash and to please take out the trash to the curb on time.
Well this kind gesture that I thought I was doing backfired on me today.
Once again they didn't take their trash out on time. So they have trash piled high. So what do they do? They use the trash can that i brought them last week to start putting trash in there for this next week. :(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar