My Writing in 2018


    I have been writing for as long as I can remember. When I was younger I had a diary. You know the kind that actually has a key to it. Yes, one of those. I would write in it everyday. Thinking back, I am not sure what I wrote about when I was 13. I probably wrote about the guys that I liked. Who knows.
   For the longest time I just wrote essays having to do with education since I was in college and then grad. school. Now that I am out of school for good.....I have started writing again only this time I do it because I want to and not because I have to.
  Since January of this year, I have been writing everyday. I am on a website called 750 words and it is wonderful. It keeps track of what you write and how many words you write a day. It gives information as to your feeling that day etc. Another feature that I like is the MetaData tags  that it logs. It  is kinda like an online table of contents of what I write about. If i am writing about Misty (my cat) then I put her name in all caps and a colon and later I can look it up and see what i wrote about her. Pretty cool.
Anyway, I am getting off track. So I write on that website everyday. I am also on several writing groups on Facebook. I have met some wonderful people on there and a group of us participated in Camp NaNo which is a virtual writing camp. Our cabin was called: "Cowabunga". We will be doing it again in November for National Writing Month.
I have been slacking when it comes to writing for my blog. So I hope I can get better about it. I am putting up the prompts for August. I hope to follow along with the prompts and post my stories on here.
    I have written several stories already since January. There are three that I have written having to do with Jessica, our daughter. I also posted my story called Ghosts for Sale and several other stories that are connect with this one. I am on another group called 12 stories in 12 months. It is great, Mia Botha is the creator of it. Each month she puts out a prompt for us to use for our stories. There is a general prompt and there is a word limit. I have been on there since March. So my 12 months of stories will end next March. I have learned a lot from being on that website from other writers.
Anyway, I hope you will read my stories and let me know what you think of them. I would love to get feedback.
Thanks, Katy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar