Heels

I am going to attempt to write more regularly in here. This is what I wrote today for the Prompt called Heels.


When I think of heels, I think of the heels I used to wear back when I was a teenager. I was tall and skinny and got stuck with big feet. The only place I could get shoes in my size was Bill's Shoe Box in Corpus Christi, Texas where we lived or I would order shoes from the catalog my Mom got.
   Most of the time they didn't have "girl shoes" they had shoes for women. So I got stuck wearing shoes that had 2' heels. Which doesn't sound like much but as a teenager, who has never walked in heels it was a big deal. I was already a clutz because of being so tall. I wasn't very graceful so I tended to fall a lot. Back then, I used to wear pantyhose. So I tended to ruin my pantyhose.

Fast forward to:
   The first semester at The University of Texas was so cold and we had snow several times that winter. I still remember heading for class with some boots I had on and I think they had at least three inch heels. I fell and skinned my knees and still managed to get to class. I didn't know that I could actually skip a class without having to give a note for an excuse. Eventually, I learned to get shoes that had no heels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar