The No Good, Very Bad, Pitiful Day

Have you ever read the book, "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible,No Good, Very Bad Day byJudith Voirst? Well here is the description of this book:

"He could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. He went to sleep with gum in his mouth and woke up with gum in his hair. When he got out of bed, he tripped over his skateboard and by mistake dropped his sweater in the sink while the water was running. He could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Nothing at all was right. Everything went wrong, right down to lima beans for supper and kissing on TV. What do you do on a day like that? Well, you may think about going to Australia. You may also be glad to find that some days are like that for other people too. "

That is kinda like the day I had today! First I kept dreaming I was awake so I did not feel like I got much sleep. James and I both work up at 5 a.m. It seemed to be a pretty good morning and early afternoon until we got to AFTER recess.
I have a class that will not calm down. Now usually I let them talk a little bit while they work on stuff. It is one of those things you learn to have to do as a substitute because they usually do not listen to you anyway. I finally get them calmed down and I hear this constant clicking noise. I go to investigate and its Derrick playing with someone's flute case and flipping the latch back and forth. Talk about irritating! I ask him to please stop. He ignores me. I give him a few minutes and I go and quietly take the flute and go put it by the desk. Well he decides to go off on me and start cussing me out. Well I just go straight to the phone and call the principal to please come in to the room. The principal says he will take care of Derrick and just to write it up. Well after Derrick leaves there are about 4 girls that can't seem to get the idea of WORKING on their Language Arts paper QUIETLY. I send one to another teacher in hopes of squalching the noisy girls. It seems to help for a little while. Because its the last day of school before Spring Break there were alot of kids that tried to start their vacation early. So anyway, i ended up writing up 4 kids just from this one class for either talking constantly or being disrespectful and TRYING to argue with me about if they deserved to be written up.
Well the next class, came in and was just getting settled in as to what they were to do when this one girl goes off at this boy across the room. Next thing I know they are going at it and hitting each other. Now I have never seen a boy/girl fight until now. This girl fought like a guy...and started putting him in a hold and started beating the tar out of him. He retaliated and started scratching and hanging on to her long hair. Needless to say, its amazing she had hair left. lol
I went and got another teacher to help break up the fight. Two of the other kids held the fighters back. I did not care to get hit . Because I am a substitute I really do not have the right LEGALLY to put my hands on a student for any reason. So we got the fighters out of the room. The class was all talking about what happened and basically getting anything done in there was just SHOT!! I then had to write up those two that had the fight.
One of the other subs came over to see if i was ok. I told her "Nah" I use to work in an ED classroom. So this is really nothing. lol You expect stupidity from special education kids that have anger issues etc but not from "regular ed kids".
The next class was not bad at all until the very end...the bell rang and I looked back into the room and 2 girls were going at it. I thought what is going on...geez...
Turns out they are actually friends but Breanna thought Christy was going to hit her and Christy told her "NO, I thought you were going to hit me", well just as she said that Breanna said I was...and punched her right in the face. One of their other friends got in the middle of it until I came and helped to break it up. So now I have to write up those two about what happened.
Christy is an AB honor roll student so this was a shock to me. She is one of my "teacher pets" from a class I had last year for 2 weeks.

Well I finished up writing up my referrals that I had and was leaving and taking Kristina to her audition for the STEP program. This is a program for gifted and talented musicians.
Well we got there early and I kept seeing kids with art portfolios. I went to go see where Kristina was to go and lo and behold...
When I had made the appointment for the audition I had put it on the calendar on FEB. and not MARCH and it was suppose to for the 23rd and not the 24th.
Couse I did not realize it until I got home and looked at the calendar. When we changed the calendar to March, Kristina had put the date for the 24th when indeed it was to be the 23rd.
So I am going to TRY to talk to someone and see if they will give her another chance since it was
something that was basically my fault and not hers. Talk about feeling like a worm.
And the ultimate today was that Kristina just asked to go to the dance that is TONIGHT.
In the past we have told her that she is to ask her DAD and not me and that she is to give us advance warning and ask at least a week before.
So she is going to miss it because of that. Also she has practice for the Drama team tonight. They
have 2 more practices before they have to perform for the church. She asked me why she could not miss it...cause....someone else at church does...I said well hopefully you are more committed to the drama team than they are.
So right now I am not her favorite person. Such begins the life of a mom of a teenager.....

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar