Renaissance Mom's weekend

Well I got back from a wonderful and relaxing weekend in Isle of Palms about 11:00am. We had about 10 mom's there this weekend. This was my 4th year going to the special weekend for mom's that have lost children to cancer. Thanks to Happy Days and Special Times who sponsors the weekend we come together and help support the new mom's as well as enjoy the friendships of the other women for the weekend.
Each year they get a house donated for us to stay in. This one was a two story house with 5 bedrooms ocean front view. It was gorgeous! It was too windy and cold on Saturday to do anything outside. By Sunday it was nice and would have been a pretty good day to go to the beach. But by then I was ready to come home!

Friday night we had pot luck where we all brought food to eat. Then the master chef "Cupcake"aka Cheryl and "Sunshine" not sure what her real name is...fixed two wonderful breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday morning. The theme for Saturday was "Rock and Roll" and Cupcake had all sorts of memoribilia showing oldies , it was so cute. Then Sunday morning she brought in her own sand and the theme was "The Beach". She had cups that were made of women's bodies in bathing suits. We all got to keep our cup. I had one that had a blue two piece bathing suit on it. When James came in I showed it to him. He thought it was ceramic. Lo and behold to him it was a cup and had something in it! LOL oops...Sorry honey..he ended up spilling it on his shirt. Luckily it happened when he was coming home instead of leaving to go somewhere.

This year we got into making beaded necklaces, earrings and bracelets. During the day we also have someone give professional massages. Last year we had several people come in for a couple of hours to give massages. This year it was just one person and she stayed most of the day giving massages. This is the first year in 3 years i did not get a massage. I was busy with working on a photo card that Creative Memories has come out with. Each year there is a consultant from Creative Memories that comes in and teaches about scrapbooking.

Then Saturday night we learned about the different grades of chocolate. OH MY!! We had a chocolate overdose. hehe But it was yummy!
I learned I just like plain ole Milk Chocolate! LOL I am not into dark chocolate.
We ate more wonderful stuff this weekend. There was this spinach dip that was wonderful with triskets. I love that stuff!

When I got home I was greeted by the dogs since they were the only ones home. But I could tell when I saw the kids and James they were glad to have me back home. :)

Back to reality again...

Next Saturday I go to the Teacher Recruitment fair at Stratford. I am still hoping that my certificate will arrive in the mail. That would be helpful to be able to show them. I did get my 3 references finally and they happened to be by 3 principals so hopefully that will help.
After next weekend I will see what i can do about getting a job for the summer.

Well guess thats it for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar