It's Raining, It's pouring...

Well it is Tuesday, James and I took Kristina and Wesley (teen from church) to Agape Camp in Batesburg, SC (SALUTE). Little bitty town that reminded James and I of our days in Georgia.

Anyway, we got up at 6 in the morning to take the kids to camp. The great plan was to go early and drop them off and get home so that James could get to work by 12. Well, that did not work worth beans. lol We got to the camp site at 9 in the morning and alas NO one was awake. Turns out the registration was not until 6 that night. Well, we talked to Chuckie (one of the leaders) and he said to hang tight for a couple of hours and maybe we could drop them off a little later. So that is what we did. We found a McDonald's and got breakfast. James settled in to check his email. Located an electrical outlet and got him plugged in. Well, we had hardly gotten the food down that James tells me that he is on "Battery Power" and that the electrical outlet is not working. So he moves to another spot in the restaurant to see if that one worked. Fat chance!

Turns out he paid for 2 hours of internet time for nothing. He got all of 20 minutes of it before his laptop died. He was NOT happy. He had not even gotten to download his email when all of this happened. He found out where an Atlanta Bread Company was in Columbia so off we went to see if they had an outlet. Well the closer we got, the more James said that he was pretty sure he had already been to this Atlanta Bread Company and it did not have an outlet. But of course instead of just giving up, he had to play it out and make sure that indeed it was the same place.

Poor guy...by this time he was starting to twitch and having internet withdrawals. lol

So James decided to go toward Aiken and see if the McDonald's there had an outlet. NOPE...go figure all these places that advertise Free WIFI or WIFI for a FEE do not have outlets for you to plug in your laptop. So word to the wise...have an extra battery backup if you plan to do WIFI.



Well, we finally got to take the kids to camp and drop them off about 1 on Monday. We got to go to Cracker Barrel after that and then headed home. By the time we got home we were both beat.

Today, I am determined not to take a nap. I tend to wake up too many times during the night, so i don't get that much sleep. But I am hoping that if i stay up and don't take a nap then maybe by the time 10 comes around i will be tired enough to sleep. While Kristina is away I decided to straighten up her room. It is not really that bad but the sheets needed to be changed and it needed to be dusted. So i will clean it up for her. I made a Flylady Teen notebook for her a while back but she has not used it yet. I really have not explained it to her just yet. I figure i will straighten her room and then she can use the notebook to help her keep her room clean.

I told Justin that tomorrow will be his room's turn. He just groaned cause he know's he is going to have to help me with it.

I spent part of the morning looking to see if i could find a decent accomodations in Myrtle Beach for James and I to stay at while the kids go to camp. This will be the kid's 7th year at Happy Days Camp. Hard to believe. The first year they went was the only year that Jessica got to go. Since her death, they go every year and look forward to it. Each year James and I say we are going to go on a vacation while they are gone and we have YET to do it. But this year might be the year finally! lol

We are planning to go to Myrtle Beach for a couple of days and enjoy the beach, sun, shows and of course internet access somewhere. (prerequisite for James) hehe

I am trying to find things to do while school is out so i don't go stir crazy. Right now I am working on cleaning the different bedrooms then will work from there. I am also actively looking for another teaching position for next year. I have one more year of teaching, one class to take and one test to take and then i will have my certification. This last year was not a very good year but I hope to learn from my mistakes and make next year a good year.

Saturday, James and I went to see Ocean Thirteen with George Clooney and Brad Pitt and Matt Damion. Well I was rather disappointed in it. It was not nearly as good as it has been hyped up to be. It seemed to drag on and on because it kept introducing characters. It got to be ridiculous as to how many big names they had in this movie. I think the best movie they had was Ocean 11 when they had Julia Roberts in it. That was the best of the three, in my opinion.
Well, time to check wash and continue with Kristina's room....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar