Day 11: 15 of My Favorite things

           This is a tough one but I guess I will pick out things that I have that are my favorite.

1) "Wow Bow" is a ceramic Basset Hound dog that was my Mom's. I received it from my sister when  I was down in Texas in November.

2) "Barney" is a Airplane bank that was my Dad's that I got my sister when I was in Texas. I remember when my Dad would put money in this bank when I was living at home. I would roll up the money for him so he could take it to the bank. Most of the time he just kept the rolls of money in a drawer.

3)  Picture of my three kids in jean outfits. This is one of my favorite pictures of them together. It was not planned that they had blue jean outfits on that day.

4) There is a picture of James and myself cheek to cheek on our wedding day.


5) One of my favorite jewelry boxes that I have is one that my Dad gave me when I was a teenager for my birthday. It is a butterfly jewelry box. When he gave it to me it had some earrings in them that he got from a Japanese girl by where he worked he said. I have long since lost the earrings but I still love my little butterfly jewelry box.


6) My Ipad: I really am attached to my Ipad. It acts as my second brain. I have all sorts of things on it. I especially like having the Kindle app on there so i can read books.

7)  My scrapbooks: My favorite scrapbook I have is probably the one I made with Jessica when she was going through treatment. It is her ABC book about her. She helped with the coloring on some of the pages.


8)  I have a stuffed bear that James gave me when I was in the hospital for my first brain surgery. On his feet it says Jesus Loves You.

9) I have a green glass vase I got from my Mom that I really like.

10)  My Shadowbox of special stuff: I have a shadowbox hanging on our dining room wall. It has all sorts of figurines in it. Some of them are from my grandmother "Mammy" and some are from my daughter Jessica.

11) Another favorite ceramic pitcher that I got from my Grandmother "Mom Mom" it has a saying for Left handed people Since she was a lefty and I am a lefty it is special.

12)  I have roses enclosed in glass that I got from James for our 25 anniversary. It is special since it was for our 25.

13)  Today I got an Apron and I think this is my newest favorite thing.

14)  I have a picture that is a lighthouse scene. It is done in cross-stitch and is special because it was given to me by a neighbor friend , her name was Suzanne, that I took care of for a while when she was sick. It was made by her a long time ago.


15)  I love the beach at Sunrise. Though I don't see it very often like that. It is beautiful and reminds me that God loves me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar