Day 19:What I Collect


   I haven't really been collecting anything but I do have collections of stuff that I collected in the past.   We have a collection of Lighthouses either pictures or figurines. James and I both love lighthouses.
   When I was younger I collected jewelry boxes. My favorites are the ones that have butterflies on them. I use to collect things with butterflies on them at one point. I love butterflies.
One of the jewelry boxes that I have is one that my Dad gave me.


   When I was in elementary school I used to collect rocks. I loved my rocks. Since my Dad was a Geologist I would bring him a rock and ask him what kind of rock it was. He would answer me by telling me it was "Chert"    Course at the time I asked him I didn't know he was a Petroleum  Geologist and not a Gemologist.




According to Wikipedia:
Chert ( /ˈɜːrt/) is a fine-grained sedimentary rock composed of microcrystalline or cryptocrystalline silica. Depending on its origin, it can contain either microfossils, small macrofossils, or both. It varies greatly in color (from white to black), but most often manifests as gray, brown, grayish brown and light green to rusty red; its color is an expression of trace elements present in the rock, and both red and green are most often related to traces of iron (in its oxidized and reduced forms respectively).
   I will always have fond memories of asking my Dad about my current rock that I found.
 I think my favorite thing to collect right now has to be our lighthouses. This is special because James and I both like Lighthouses.


   
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar