Sermon Notes: I'm Grateful for my Church

        This is the notes from our Pastor Chris Rollins at Coastal Community Church. Please go to their website at: coastalcommunitychurch.org and listen to the audio of the sermon.

December 10, 2017

"And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning, and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Colossians 1:18

"I will build my church, and all the powers of hell, will not conquer it." Matthew 16:18

I'm grateful for my church because
   1. My church helps me  focus on God.

   "Jesus replied , "You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment."  Matthew 22:37-38

  "And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near." Hebrews 10:25

 Make church on Sunday a priority.

2. My church helps me strengthen my faith. 

"Share each other's troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

"And since we are all one body in Christ , we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others." Romans 12:5 

Join a life group! 

3. My church helps me find a ministry. 

"For we are God's masterpiece. he has created us anew in Christ Jesus so that we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians  2:10

"If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life." Matthew 16:25 

Join a ministry! 

4. My church helps me fulfill my life's mission.

"But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus-the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love" Acts 20:24

Invite someone to church


We each have gifts as part of the body of Christ. It is up to us to use our gifts to help others know about Jesus.
Until next time,
Katy 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do at 3 in the morning?

Writing Tools that can be used

My Scar